Sour Plum Duck
The duck is so rich and flavorful with the plum sauce.
- Rub the dark soy sauce evenly all over the duck, both outside and inside the cavity.
- Heat your wok to medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoon oil. When it's hot, sear the duck until lightly browned and carefully transfer the duck to a plate.
- Add ginger, garlic and shallot to the wok where you seared the duck and cook until fragrant for 1 minute.
- Add the rice wine, soy sauce, plum sauce, white pepper, dried tangerine peel, brown sugar in pieces, 3 cups water and the duck. The liquid should come up about halfway up the duck.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to medium low for 20 minutes. Flip and cook the other side for 25 minutes on medium high heat. Before removing the duck, spoon some of the sauce over the top of the duck.
- Carefully transfer the duck to a serving plate and let it cool down for 10 minutes before carving. Skim the fat from the surface of the sauce, then pour the sauce through a fine-meshed strainer.
- Carve the duck into serving pieces and arrange on a serving plate. Drizzle some sauce over the duck. Serve with steamed rice and the dipping sauce.