Soft tofu cooked in a spicy pork sauce and served with rice.
- First, we toast the dried red chili peppers. Heat your wok to low heat and add 1 tablespoon oil and toast the dried red chili peppers, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat your wok to medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoon oil. Add the garlic and ginger and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Next, add the pork and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add the Chili Bean Sauce and stir in well, about 30 seconds.
- Add water and bring to a boil. Add tofu and gently toss the tofu in the sauce. Allow the tofu to simmer for 1 minute, and then add the dried red chili peppers back and stir in well. When your tofu is ready, add the cornstarch slurry and stir. Let it bubble away until the sauce starts to thicken. If the sauce gets too thick, add a little bit more water. Serve with green onions on top.
- Serve with rice immediately!
- To thicken the sauce, whisk corn starch in room temperature water to dissolve. Mixing before you add to the sauce will keep the sauce from getting lumpy. Stir well until everything is coated with the sauce.