Crispy tofu tossed in homemade Teriyaki sauce. It’s crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- In small saucepan, add mirin, sake, soy sauce and sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil and continuously stir the sauce until sugar is dissolved. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until the sauce is thicken. The sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Pat the tofu dry with paper towels to remove excess water and cut the tofu into 10 squares.
- Heat your non-stick pan to medium high heat and add 2 tablespoon oil. Add potato starch in a tray and coat the tofu with the potato starch and sear right away. When the oil is hot, add the tofu gently to the pan and sear on all sides until golden and crisped, about 5 minutes.
- When the tofu is done, lower the heat to low and add the teriyaki sauce to the pan with the tofu. Flip tofu and coat the sauce over the tofu and then remove from heat.
- Serve the tofu on the plate and garnish with green onions, bonito flakes and serve warm.
- For the spicy mayo version, garnish with mayo, sriracha, green onions and bonito flakes.