Pad Kee Mao (Drunken Noodles)
Spicy stir fry rice noodles with chicken and aromantic basil.
For the Chicken
- Slice the chicken thighs into bite size pieces.
- Add soy sauce, oyster sauce, freshly ground black pepper, cornstarch, water and sliced chicken to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Heat your pan to medium heat and add 1 tablespoon oil. When it's hot, add chicken and saute for 3 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through. Set aside.
For the Stir Fry
- In a small bowl, combine all sauce ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
- Pound Thai chilies and garlic into a fine paste or you can finely chop the Thai chillies and minced the garlic.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil and saute garlic and Thai chili peppers fragnant for 30 seconds.
- Add snap peas, rice noodles and sauce mixture and stir fry about 3 minutes until the noodles are uniform in color.
- Add the seared chicken and basil and toss just to wilt the basil for another minute. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
- If the rice noodles are too firm, microwave for 15 seconds.
- Feel free to substitute shrimp, beef, pork or tofu for the protein.